- Investment Amount: NGN 25,000
- Rate of Returns: 12% (NGN 3,000)
- Tenor (Months): 4 Months
- Total Payout: NGN 28,000
What does my investment cover?
Farm Size: 40 Acres
Farm Location: Epe, Lagos
Farm Visits: This can be arranged for Farm Sponsors only. Please call us or send a mail to email@example.com with the subject “Farm visit”
What is Pepper?
Pepper is one of the most important spices used in making most Nigerian food. There is hardly a complete meal without the use of at least one variety of pepper.
Pepper belongs to the Family Solanaceae, which is an important group of vegetables.
Pepper generally originates from Central America. Capsicum annum is from middle America (Mexico) while Capsicum frutescens is from the northern half of south America to part of central America and Caribbean area. Pepper played a significant early role in the development of food in America
Rising domestic demand, coupled with a drop in exports, continues to set the trend for the pepper market.
The price of pepper in Nigeria has been subjected to seasonal fluctuation over time. In South Western Nigeria, pepper has been massively conveyed from Northern Nigeria despite the fact that it is also grown in the South West. This indicates that there is a great and urgent need for increased production of pepper in Nigeria and most especially in the South-Western Nigeria.
The domestic demand for pepper has increased over time which has resulted in the decline in the quantity of pepper being exported in several producing countries. This signifies that there is need for increase in the supply of pepper to make up for the increase in the domestic demand and to also give room for exportation.
Benefits of Pepper
- Pepper is used as a spice in many dishes.
- Pepper is used as decoration in food, to add flavor and colour
- It is also used to provide relief for several ailments. It can be found in topical creams that are intended to reduce muscle pain, inflammation and itching.
- Peppers can act as a heart stimulant which regulates blood flow and strengthens the arteries, possibly reducing heart attacks.
- It has soothing effects on the digestive system, offers relief from symptoms of colds, sore throats and fevers, circulation, especially for cold hands and feet, and as a hangover remedy. Fresh peppers are an excellent source of calcium and vitamin C.
- It can be used to regulate blood sugar
- Hot chili peppers might help fight prostate cancer