What does my sponsorship cover?
1) Renting the poultry farm on your behalf
2) Insurance to cover the farm investment and farmers
3) Farm inputs including the chicks, feeding and treatment against any form of disease
4) Farmers labour to work on the farm
5) Logistics to get the chicken to the market to sell them
Farm Location: Epe, Lagos State
Chicken Type: Cockerel (for meat consumption)
Farm Visits: This can be arranged for Farm Sponsors only. Please call us or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Farm visit”
Poultry farming is a viable business anytime, any day. There are many reasons why the business is profitable. One, food is one of the basic needs of man. Regardless of the economic situation, people must eat and since domestic birds are consumable; that makes poultry farming feasible. People will always buy eggs and meat.
Again, with the increased awareness on the health implications of red meat, there is an increase in demand for white meat and birds are a source of white meat.
Nigeria has an annual deficit of over 60 million tons of chicken meat processed valued at 120 Trillion Naira. Importation takes up about 40 percent of local consumption. With the high dollar rates, the gap in supply will increase.
Our farmers have specialized in rearing poultry chicken with zero to low fat.